Surviving Films By Year
Here is a chronology of Betzwood Films known or believed to be still in existence.
- [*] = films not yet been obtained for the Betzwood Archive.
- [1r] = number of reels in the film.
- [v] = Archive owns VHS copy only.
- [inc] = incomplete films.
- [D] = Film has been digitized.
- The Deputy’s Peril, Western with Edgar Jones, Clara Williams, [1r] [D]
- The Sheriff’s Mistake: Western with Edgar Jones, Clara Williams. [1r]
- The Bank Cashier: Western with Edgar Jones, Clara Williams. [1r]
- In the Service of the State: Western with Edgar Jones, Clara Williams. [1r]
- The Renegades: Western with Edgar Jones, Clara Williams. [1r-v]
- Juan And Juanita: Western with Earl Metcalfe, Edna Payne. [1r-v]
- Twixt Love And Ambition: Melodrama with Ormi Hawley, Edwin August. [1r-D]
- The Bravery Of Dora: Western with Earl Metcalfe, Edna Payne. [1r-v]
- The Preacher and the Gossips: Drama with Arthur V. Johnson. [1r]
- The Price of Victory: Civil War Drama with John Ince, Rosetta Brice. [2r]
- The Country Girl: Melodrama with Edgar Jones, Louise Huff. [*1r]
- A Partner To Providence: Episode Eight of The Beloved Adventurer serial, with Arthur V. Johnson. [1r-D]
- The Vagaries Of Fate: Melodrama with Edgar Jones, Louise Huff. [1r-D]
- Michael Strogoff: Costume drama based on Jules Verne novel, with Jacob Adler. Significant nitrate deterioration. [5r-inc-v]
- Tillie’s Tomato Surprise: with Marie Dressler (Only reel one survives) [1 of 6r-v-inc]
- Where The Road Divided: with Edgar Jones, Louise Huff. [2r-inc]
- The Exile: Western with Jack Standing, John Ince. [1r]
- Sweeter Than Revenge: Western with Rosetta Brice, Thurston Hall, Octavia Handworth. [1r-D]
- Race Suicide: Historic drama with Ormi Hawley, Earl Metcalfe. (Only the “Roman Episode” reel survives) [1 of 6r-inc]
- A Ready-Made Maid: Comedy with Billie Reeves, directed by Earl Metcalfe. [1r-D]
- Oh! Johnny!: Western feature with Louis Bennison, Virginia Lee. [5r-inc]
- Sandy Burke Of The U-Bar-U: Western feature with Louis Bennison, Virginia Lee, Alphonse Ethier. [5r-D]
- High Pockets: Western feature with Louis Bennison, Katherine MacDonald, Edward Roseman. [5r-inc]
- The Misfit Earl: Western feature with Louis Bennison, Claire Adams. [5r-inc-v]
- The Skipper’s Narrow Escape: Toonerville Trolley comedy with Dan Mason, Wilna Hervey, Helen Gerould Rose. [2rS]
- Toonerville’s “Boozem” Friends: Toonerville Trolley comedy with Dan Mason, Wilna Hervey, Bob Maximillian. [2r]
- Toonerville Follies: Toonerville Trolley comedy with Dan Mason, Betty Bovee, Bob Maximillian. [2r-inc]
- The Skipper’s Flirtation: Toonerville Trolley comedy with Dan Mason, Emma Wilcox, Wilna Hervey. [2r]
- Breaking Home Ties: Dramatic feature with Lee Kohlmar, Rebecca Weintraub. Directed by Frank Seltzer. [*5r]
- Song Film: Concert film with sing-along words. [1r-inc]
2 thoughts on “Betzwood Movie Database”
I have an old film poster “Lubin Presents” The Drug Terror (Evils of Cocaine) Sociological Research Film Corporation in Co-Operation with Mrs. William K. Vandelbilt’s National Crusade. Does anyone know the history of this film?
my father just told me that his father was ina Lubin production at Betzwood filmed around 1912. He played one of several workers picking up a railroad tie. He had laughingly told my father how he was expecting the the tie to be real, that is heavy and put his back into it but it flew into the air made out of balsawood or paper. My question is what movie could this have been and is it possible to see it somehow? Yours hopefully, Maria